2013 Central Ohio Singing Competition
Rules and Info
- Elementary: 10 and under
- Intermediate: 11 to 13
- Senior Classical: 14 to 18
- Senior Non-Classical: 14 to 18
Age eligibility is determined by the age on February 1, 2013. Senior contestants may participate in both divisions - Classical and Non-Classical.
Competition Schedule and Location
- Sunday, February 3, 1 - 6 pm
- Sunday, February 10, 1 - 6 pm
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 2001 Northwest Blvd., Columbus, OH 43212
- Competition will be closed to the public.
- All contestants will perform one song in front of a panel of professional judges.
- All songs are to be performed from memory.
- Songs may be sung a capella (no accompaniment) or with an accompanist. Be sure to bring a CD or an accompanist (piano is available).
- Songs must be appropriate at discretion of judges. Profanity, etc. will not be permitted.
- Songs must be no longer than 3 minutes.
- All participants will get written comments from the judges.
- The judges will select 3 winners in each age division.
- The judges' decisions are final.
- Top 3 winners in each age division will be awarded trophies.
- All other contestants will receive certificates of participation or honorable mention.
- Competition times will be on Sunday, February 3, from 1 - 6 pm and Sunday, February 10, 1 - 6 pm. The day and time for each division remain TBD. If a contestant is unavailable at any time in these periods, he or she should note that on the application. If a contestant is unavailable on the day of his or her division's competition date, he or she can still be evaluated by the judges of the other day, but will not be able to compete for prizes.
Winner's Performance and Awards Ceremony
- First, second, and third places in each age category will sing at the Winner's Performance on March 3, 2013, at 6 pm at Capital University, Huntington Hall, 2199 E. Main St., Columbus, OH 43209.
- The Awards Ceremony will follow immediately after the Winner's Performance.
To receive information on 2014 Central Ohio Singing Competition sign up on The Central Ohio Singing Competition Mailing List.